Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am so excited to be here!


Hello All!  My name is Kristi and I am thrilled to be part of this blog.  

Thank you Maggie for the kind invite!  I woke up this morning after not sleeping very well, looked out the window and saw ANOTHER gloomy day!  I then walked into my studio and pulled out bright, fun colors to created a spring card! 


I started with a base card in a funky orange and stamped a floral image by Prickly Pear in VersaMark ink. I added the embossed Doodle Bug design stripe paper and thought it needed texture so of course I ran it through my Cuttlebug!
I then found a scrap of hot pink mirror paper and embossed that too. Put the two together, added a bit of ribbon and some large photo corners and atached that tothe card front.  


I tore the words out of a different piece of Doodle Bug paper.  I picked words that I thought were fun.  The three words up top are held together by a pretty pink brad and some more ribbon. I ran a small scrap of mirror paper through the Cuttlebug and cut out the embossed flower and edged it with a silver Krylon pen.  

I then put several flower combinations together and placed them on the card.  I used some foam mounting tape to pop up the bottom flower and then popped up the flowers on top of the embossed piece. 


I was so great to think SPRING!  The groundhog in Springfield, MO, did not see his shadow so here's hoping!  

Happy Creating...Kristi

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

shari said...

Kristi, what a pretty card. It's nice to see spring flowers. Shari

Anonymous said...

Love your card! It's so bright & springy.

Jeanette's Stampin' And Stuff said...

Love this card. I love the bright colors. It's a happy card. LOL

pcrusberg said...

Oooh, that card is just gorgeous! I just love it. Thanks, Pam