Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Furniture Redo in 30 minutes!

 

 

SONY DSC

hi Everyone,

I’ve watched tons of YouTube videos, and followed several great furniture diy guru that have linked at passionately artistic linking parties.

I went to Lowes purchased everything I need, I’m pretty sure you know what happen next.

I turned on the sander at first swipe I took most of the wood off and chip the finish, yep that’s what happen. Did I mentioned I’ve had this dresser since I was 12 years old, yep it’s an antique alright :)

Here’s how to fix the booboo :) shhhh….. no one will know. I promise :)

All wasn’t lost, I went back to my knowledge of crafting used paints and distressed it like it was supposed to be that way.

Here’s what I have used!

20120322_11

 

  • Add a mixture of the champagne and glaze together then paint sporadic section of the dresser using a medium size brush.
  • Repeat the same process for the Espresso let dry.
  • Add faint line by using the same mixtures as above to create distress lines, let dry.
  • Distress the corners using a sander lightly, then repeat the process above.

 

SONY DSC

 

Once dry change the dryer pulls, I purchased these at Hobby Lobby while they were 50% off.

Here’s the finished dresser, very easy :)

SONY DSC

have a fantastic day :)

Maggie


Share/Bookmark

No comments: