Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No picture from your trip, no problem mon!

 

MaggieLamarre-Italia

Hi Everyone,

I’m excited Valentine is finally here, well sorta in a couple of days. I am beyond excited to let you on a bit of news! I’ve join the amazing staff at Scrap n Art Magazine… Starting next month. As all of you know I worked on the debut magazine for Provo Craft when they were launching the Cricut Circle setting it up etc…

A bit about Scrap n Art!

Scrap n’ Art is a traditional and digital scrapbooking, card making and paper crafting magazine. Our online media format provides eco-friendly access to inspiration for scrapbookers and paper crafters of all skill levels and interests. We are an education based publication that strives to bring our readers information, education and inspiration.

I want to share you with a layout I created today using postcards, since I lost all the pictures during the Hurricanes.

I’m lucky my sister had the postcard I had sent her from Florence still in great condition. When you are preserving your memories there’s nothing that states they must be from a photograph you took, you can easily use postcards, since they must reflect the area well. Another idea if you don’t have any ephemera from the actual city or country.

Use items that reminds you of the country. This layout I use a label from my fav Evoo that reminds me so much of the country side I had seen in Sienna,  added an Italian flag by making sure I had the stripe reflected correctly. I use aluminum foil from Reynolds to create my heart accent.

 

Supplies:

  • Dictionary page, Fancy pants stamp, Graphic 45 Alice in wonderland, Martha Stewart punch and travel stamp. Prima chipboard letters
  • Straw, Coredination black magic, Recollection bling, Memento ink.
  • Reynolds aluminum foil, Ranger alcohol ink. Cricut Machine, Cricut Gypsy, Cuttlebug machine, Victoria embossing folder.

 

MaggieLamarre-Italia

 

MaggieLamarre-Italia2

 

MaggieLamarre-Italia1

 

MaggieLamarre-Italia3

How to:

  • Cut the heart from your cricut using any font, I use Storybook cartridge.
  • Glue the aluminum foil to the heart, emboss with Victoria folder. Add Ranger alcohol ink and add a drop of mixative to lighten the intensity of the colour and blend.
  • To create the flag, I use a straw to adhere the Coredination cardstock.

 

Dreamer Layout I stamped the pattern paper with a subtle ink then mist the stamp with Glimmer mist to make it sparkle.

 

Maggielamarre-Dream

Thank you much for stopping by and for stinging up to be a follower.

Don’t forget the Cricut Magazine giveaway here ends next Wedn.

Picture 118

 

Have a great Valentine !

Don’t forget to invite your friends to the party at PassionatelyArtistic and link your projects.

Maggie





Share/Bookmark

No comments: