Have you heard the news? Cuttlebug Challenge
introduce Sweet Treat thursday, where they feature, Cricut, Gypsy, Your Story and Yudu Inspirations..
Head over to the Cuttlebug Challenge blog for the giveaway of Everyday paper doll cart and Simply Sweet..
It's with pleasure we welcome our guest blogger Carla, and a member of the team..visit her blog
Please leave a comment to welcome Carla :)
Cuttlebug Challenge blog!! I hope you're all ready to dust off your Cricuts and create a gorgeous Valentines Day set for someone special in your life 'cause I have the *cutest* projects & card to share with you!!
Let's get the show on the road shall we?
For my projects I used the following materials:
Cricut Expression Doodlecharms Cartridge Basic Grey Bittersweet collection kit (stickers, etc) My Crafts ribbon & roses (from the $ store if you can believe it!!) Fancy Pants Stick Pin Doodlebug Sugared Cardstock Prima Leaves Making Memories Stickers (alpha & sentiment) KaiserCraft Rhinestones EK Success Mini Retro Flower Punch
Here are my creations! And i'd like to mention that this gift set can be made with supplies you have at home a few items from the $ store! I bought the huge lollipop, ribbon, roses, and big heart sucker from the dollar store, so for under $5.00 you can create a gorgeous gift!!
To create the jar cover:
1. Cut patterned paper to wrap around jar, punch edges with border punch. 2. Cut contrasting patterned paper to wrap around jar, adhere. 3. Cut scallop heart & heart from Doodlecharms Cartridge, adhere to band & adhere sentiment. 4. Cut white cardstock to fit lid, trim patterned paper to fit over white cardstock, adhere to lid. 5. Adhere roses & paper leaves to lid, tie ribbon in a bow around lid & insert stick pin.
To create the lollipop cover:
1. Cut scallop heart & heart from Doodlecharms cartridge to fit lollipop size.
2. Cut bug from Doodlecharms cartridge and punch heart, adhere to bugs back. Adhere to heart front. 3. Adhere roses and chipboard swirl to lollipop cover.
To create the card:
1. Cut card base to 4.25 x 5.5. Layer with scallop cardstock. 2. Adhere another layer of polka dot paper.
3. Cut bug border from Doodlebug Cartridge to length of 5.5". 4. Cut bug backs from Doodlebug Cartridge out of patterned paper. 5. Punch hearts & adhere to bugs, & rhinestones for eyes.
I hope you enjoyed my projects & they inspire you to create your own!! Be sure to come back and link us up so we can take a peek at your creations!
PS Giveaway on the Cuttlebug Challenge giving away 2 cartridges :) More info here
Have a fabulous day,