I used the Score-It for the base card and then again for deciding the width of the paper strips. I put a little score mark on the paper and then did not have to think when I went to my trimmer!
I started with the bandanna paper by K & Co. Got out my cool stencil and black matte paste. I taped the stencil down with the low tack tape and smeared on the paste. I love it! It is like spreading butter cream frosting! I removed the stencil and glittered the words and set it aside to dry. ( I had a tub of water to toss the stencil and palette knife in to keep the the paste from drying on the stencil.)
I got my base card prepped and folded using the Score-It and then cut my paper strips. I got all the strips attached to the card front and let the project sit for about an hour to give the paste time to dry completely.
When I came back I was able to trim the stenciled piece to the size desired. I then layered that piece on a cream piece of card stock and attached to the card front with pop dots.
As I looked at my card I thought it was nice but seemed to be missing something. I went to my stamp drawer and found a great stamp from The Peddler's Pack. I stamped the hat and trimmed it out. Still missing something...I stippled on a little color. Better, but not there yet. Then it hit me...I needed the leather band on the hat! Well the cool leather is braided so I then had the challenge how to make the "leather" and finally came up with this. I took three strands of white string and braided them. Next I ran the string through brown and black ink to get the desired color. Finally, I dipped the string in clear embossing powder and heated.
I now had my "leather" braid for my hat. I cut it to the size I wanted and was pleased to discover the embossing powder had fused all the strings so no ravel issues! I raised the hat high on two sets of pop dots and attached to the card!
I was happy with the result and thrilled to have a new idea pop in my brain!
Make sure and explore your studio for fun things you can do to make something new!