Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone is having a GREAT Valentine's Day!  I am sharing a couple of the cards I have made for Valentine's Day this year! I have used Dreamweaver Stencils and some stamping on the cards.  I love that you can use the two techniques so well together!  So let me get to sharing!
This is the Valentine I made for my hubby.  I used translucent embossing paste for the stripes and mixed the glitter in before spreading.  It gives a very subtle look of glitter rather than tons of glitter! You will see that in the next card!

I stamped the sentiment with Raspberry Versacolor ink.  I love Tsukineko inks!  You will also notice the Gold Krylon edging on the layers!


The shimmer behind the lock is created by stamping the heart by Stampington then embossed with sticky powder by Stampee Crafts.  This is great powder and will NOT feel tacky.  I then put the film, also made by Stampee, over the image and sent it through the laminating portion of the Your Story!  It is a book binder and laminator!  Then you remove the foil to reveal the pretty shimmer!

The key and lock were created by using black glossy paste then sprinkled with glitter.  The next card I share will show a heavy application of glitter.  I cut out the key in detail using the Exacto where needed and layered!  Added the final touches of silver hearts and it there you have it!  By the way..my husband LOVED the card and is making me diner tonight!

This card was created with a lot of the same techniques.  Again I used stencils from Dreamweaver.  I used the little heart stamp by Eureka! for the background and used the products by Stampee.  The paste used was translucent and then I applied full coverage of glitter.  I love this fun design paper from Nikki Sivils' Sugar Cookie collection! Layer, add the banner, pop another heart by Nikki and there you have it!  Happy Valentine's Day to each and every one of you!

Creatively Yours,



Share/Bookmark

No comments: