Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back From CHA!!

Hi all...I am back from CHA and it was very good.  For those of you who have not met me I am Kristi Parker Van Doren.   Maggie was kind enough to invite me as a guest blogger and artist for her fabulous blog and I have been posting for her now for some time.  I love Maggie so much as she is so talented, kind and a great person!  So thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts and art on this site.

So, about me...I am a wife, mom and artist.  Like Maggie, I love to cook and be creative in the kitchen as much as I do in my studio!  I started with my stamps and then expanded to stencils when I discovered Dreamweaver Stencils.  Then came other mediums until my mixed media love came to being! Now I love it all!!!  

So let me share with you some of the fabulous things I saw at CHA...for those that don't know, Craft & Hobby Association.  This is the largest gathering of wholesale companies showing the new stuff they have to offer.  I wish that I had more samples of new product but I was on a tight schedule so took what I could.  he trend this year was dress forms and dresses out of different materials!  DCWV had a great example of this.






Dress Front...paper dress

I will post some more photos and information from CHA in the following weeks.  It was so great to see the great products and to see old friends and make new friends!

Talk to you soon...happy creating!!

Back of the paper dress



Share/Bookmark

No comments: