Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Memory Expo by Midland Care..Topeka, KS

TOPEKA OR BUST!!!
Here is a picture of the ladies that I spent last weekend with... the talent theses ladies have is out of this world! From left to right: Brooke Smith, Associate Editor of CardMaker magazine, Heidi Blankenship crafter/teacher, Nikki Sivils, Owner of Niki Sivils Designs, Kristi Van Doren (me), Trudy Sjolander, crafter/teacher, Karen Taylor, crafter/teacher, and last but not least, Tanya Fox, Editor of CardMaker

What an exciting time we had at the Memory Expo! This was the 2nd annual crop for Midland Care. It has a huge focus on Hospice and reaches out to so many families. They touch so many lives and I am thrilled to have been part of this event for the second year! I look forward to September 30 and October 1, 2011, for the next Memory Expo!


They allowed a table for us to display all our "stuff"! I have many cards, magazines and altered art objects!



Trying to teach is a challenge when you have someone obsessed with getting glitter on every soul there! I think it was perfect! We were making the cool folded books using the Score-It-All tool. I had the ones used in class and sold each one! What a great tool for folding and designing!



Trudy with her AWESOME watercolor creations! One is featured below! She is an amazing artist and also designs stamps for Clear Dollar Stamps!






This was my last demo of the day done more for the vendors rather than the croppers. Seated are Joe, Joe & Carole of Create & Craft. What a fun group! I learned much and developed new friendships that will last for years.




Look at all the very nicely scored papers! The Score-It-All is amazing!





Nikki Sivils with some of her BOO-tiful creations. She had some great samples and taught a couple of really good classes! She did so while suffering from food poisoning! Crafters are a die hard group! She is a delight to talk to!

I hope you all enjoyed a venture into my Expo trip !
For more check out my blog at
http:/www.kristiscreativecafe.blogspot.com

Don't forget the 2 $25.00 Gift Certificate to a restaurant near giveaway here

Happy Creating!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: