- Sensitive - Your skin reacts easily to harsh cleansers, facials, etc. If you have consistent allergies even if they’re seasonal, I would recommend getting a sensitive skin care line.
- Normal / Combination - which means you have some dryness and some oiliness.
- Rosacea - Rosacea can be clinical and it can be extremely mild. I am prone to mild Rosacea so I mix the sensitive, Rosacea, and even the serum from the power-repair skin line. But I digress. Rosacea can be as severe as having rosy Santa like cheeks all the time or as mild as having little red lines just under the skin, or just a little too much pink for your liking.
D: Find a good, light moisturizer.
- Don’t waste your money on an “anti-aging” cleanser or toner. The “good stuff” is actually proven to help and it is most concentrated in the serums and moisturizers.
- Don’t buy the whole kit and kaboodle. Start with the minimum (this is expensive, but I have found it to definitely be worth it) and build your collection if you continue to have the discipline to do it after a month. Some lines even come with a mini-set of all the products in a skin care regime. That's a great way to test them out as well.
- Use what you own. Go ahead, don’t get it until you run out of something.
- Remember that spa owners are advised not to keep an esthetician unless they have a 40% sales to services ratio. Let me tell you, that’s high and they make it. So they are supposed to be good sales people (that includes service upgrades during a facial). Make your own decisions, be firm and go ahead and sleep on it.
- Almost every spa has a “local’s discount day” where they will extend 10% off on all products and services. Ask about it when you book. It’s typically Monday or Tuesday.
- Have fun with it. It will definitely feel like a chore for the first week or so, but after that it will be fun and quick.
Here are the links to Pevonia and Ayermedic where you can use their search site to find a spa near you that carries these lines.
Thanks for joining me today and feel free to email me with any questions or hop over to my blog to say hello!
PS don't forget to share with us your skin care regimen and your fav products in the comment section?