Saturday, January 29, 2011

When It’s cold outside, Warm up with a crockpot meal!

Hi Everyone,

This has been the coldest winter on record in Florida and I don’t mind telling you, it’s cold. I know some of you are currently experiencing really bad weather and I pray that this let up a bit.

Today I have a very simple recipe for you, using the crockpot. I can’t begin to tell you about my luv affaire w/crockpots and how much they make my life easier. I currently have 5 crockpots but I’m looking to upgrade to the more advance ones that allows you to bake in it as well with a baking button feature kewl eh?

So if you own a store, or are a mfg please sponsor me!

Red beans with rice

Here are the ingredients!

Beans, salt, bacon, chicken, onion, parsley,pepper, chicken stocks

DSC09219

Dice the chicken, Add all ingredients in the crockpot for 4 hours, or longer if desired

DSC09224

Let it cook until the liquid is reduced, taste to see if it needs more salt and pepper

DSC09226

Cooked yellow rice, I buy the packages in the rice section.

 

DSC09227

Spoon beans over rice, can you say yummy!

DSC09229

There you go folks this is a hardy dish that will warm you up.

PS you can add a bit of jalapeno in there for more smoking flavor, don’t use Tabasco it’s more of a vinegar taste it will alter it.

Have a great weekend,

Maggie


Share/Bookmark

No comments: