Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jewelry Boxes, Layers of Color, Prima Flowers and Bling

I love to make these fun jewelry boxes. I start out with a nice coat of paint and go from there. This particular box I used a great texture stencil from Layers of Color. I just found this company recently and LOVE it. Great stamps and wonderful design team.

So I painted the boxe then after it was dry I used the stencil in each corner and stippled on the ink using a large stipple brush. I let then used embossing powder to make the images pop a bit more. I was still not super happy with the look so used the overlay again and stippled again and off set it just a bit and used a different color of embossing powder. LOVE the out come so far.


Then I figured out that I did not have just the right bling for the box so headed to my local store, Scrapbook Generation, and got some bling and some Prima flowers. I got those attached and then poured on a very thin layer of epoxy by Envirotec!

This is a top view!

I also lined the inside with fabric!
This is a different style of box but still really fun! Instead of pouring a clear coat on top I used polyurethane to seal the box and it also helped to really adhere the bling!

I love how the little drawer pulls out and shows the lining. No latch on the lid is alson really nice on this design.
With Christmas just around the corner I thought maybe everyone could use a little inspiration for a great handmade gift. For the first box you could even sneak in a pack of handmade cards they can send! I love getting handmade gifts that are functional and not just sit around look pretty and get dusty.
Would love to have you visit my blog and become a follower! When I reach 100 followers I will have another prize drawing!


Happy Creating

Kristi




Share/Bookmark

No comments: