Monday, September 28, 2009

Christmas Noel Solutions Cartridge-tutorial

Christmas Noel and Shiny Paper
A couple of weeks ago I did a video about making your own shiny cardstock from wrapping paper over on Cuttlebug Challenge. Well, here it is in action, using a fabulous cut from the Cricut Solutions Cartridge - Christmas Noel (thanks to my friend, Kristi!!)


I began by cutting the Swirl Tree on the gold foil paper that had been adhered to plain cardstock with a glue stick. It cut very easily, and left some beautiful "weeds" or left over flourishes that I can use on other projects.





I cut two trees in "blackout" 1/4 inch larger than the gold, so it would show all around the edges. I used dimensional foam dots to give the tree thickness and life. I used Red Stickles to "decorate" the tree.Next I constructed the card with a layer of red mylar adhered to the front of the A2 card, a rectangle of designer paper edged in gold Elmer's Paint Writer in the center, and a gold shimmery ribbon tied in a bow around the card.

The sentiment was stamped with SU's Heat and Stick Powder, heated with a heat gun to make it sticky, gold glitter sprinkled on, and then heated again to set the Heat and Stick. The edges were inked to match the red background paper, and adhered with more dimensional dots.

Simple, elegant, and very easy to do...I hope you will give it a try!
I love the Christmas Noel cartridge.

Tutorial:
Christmas Noel cartridge from Provo Craft available at Hallmark Scrapbooking
We are giving 2 gypsy away more info here

What do YOU think?
Do you have this cartridge? did you find the tutorial easy to follow?


Happy crafting ~
BettyBee


Publish


Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

Stampinlynne said...

that's beautiful! thanks for sharing a great idea!

RAP said...

What a beautiful card.

scrapbooking for others said...

I can't wait to get my cart and try this Betty! Beautiful!!

Samantha Taylor said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Kristina said...

I think it's a beautiful card. Thanks for the idea. I wish I has that cartridge, I guess I'll have to use with another one.

Karen and Kyle said...

What a great way to use wrapping paper! I've got a huge roll of mylar I'll have to experiment with now. I don't have this cart but I love that tree!

lavendarrose29 said...

I am going to have to scraplift this idea for cards I am doing for a Craft Bizarre

FitterTwit said...

OMGosh! I LOVE it!!! I'm gonna five it a try using tin foil... I wonder if that will work?!? I'll let you know. Thank you BettyBee!

Donna VW said...

Beautiful card. I don't have that cartridge. The instructions are great!

Anonymous said...

That is simply gorgeous! I've just got to try this now.

Darla said...

Very cool... I can think of lots of things to try this technique on. Thanks for the great idea!

FitterTwit said...

BettyBee... here's the card (done with aluminum foil!)! What do ya think? Feel free to leave a comment. http://fundamentalchange.blogspot.com/2009/09/more-cutting-above-inspiration.html

Thank you again for such an amazing Christmas card design... LOVE IT!

Nicki Lundeen said...

The card is beautiful. I don't have the cartridge, but now I have to add it to my long list of cartridge "wants". My list keeps getting longer and longer.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Sammye Jo said...

How gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

This site is sooo bad for me.. The card is gorgeous. I didn't know about this cart but now that I do I WANT it.. LOL Thanks for the great tutorial I am bookmarking it..

NZPussikat said...

Hey, very nice ! How do you use this cartridge with Design Studio ? I've updated software and font software, but still it doesn't show up. Would appreciate help please :-)