If you find yourself in the same boat,, perhaps you have no idea where to start? Well, if you need a little nudge on getting those pics out of storage and into beautiful projects, then this book is for you!!
Creating Keepsake Super Fast Pages with 4x6 Photos
I was at the check out yesterday when I noticed this magazine. What drew my attention was the very strong color combo on a relatively very simple layout. With it’s simplicity, I realized I could scraplift this layout very easily with the tools I currently have on hand. For example, I could use all my Provo Craft Cricut cartridges such as the butterflies, borders, flowers to follow the basic design presented on the cover. What could be easier??
After flipping through the magazine quickly,I decided to buy it. I rushed home to explore the magazine more leisurely and soon realized that a lot of the layouts looked familiar. . . especially the Kelly Purkey and Mou Sasha's projects.
Finally, it dawned on me that most of these projects have been published before in Creating Keepsakes magazine. Now, if you don't have a subscription that's ok. You can catch up. If you do have a subscription, this makes it easy to find layouts that fit your need. You can easily find project by page separation for 1-2 photos, 3-4 etc.. and so on.
Before delving into this magazine in length, here's all the things on the cover that drew me in:
- 95 simple quick pages, make 1 tonight
- 27 sketches to create pages in a jiffy
- Scrap more photos with no cropping approach
What I liked about this magazine:
- It is very functional and has the photos separated
- Tips at the bottom on how to finish a page faster
- The layout photos are huge. They take up most of the pages so you can see the details better.
- Price tag was a little too high at 14.99
- 85-90% of the layouts were previously published hence the reason the price is too high
- Not much direction on how to recreate most of the layouts (loved the tips though!)
- Might be a hard book for a brand new scrapbooker to follow
- be a follower of this blog
- leave a comment
Don’t forget to participate in the GYPSY GIVEAWAY!! We are giving away two!! Deadline is October 3rd. More details HERE!
GOOD LUCK and have a great day!