Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Provo Craft Cricut Cartridge Review:Jubilee

Hi guys, it's me Linda.

I've been asked to do a cartridge review for you. The cartridge I'll be reviewing is the Jubilee font cartridge. Now even though it's a font cartridge, it does have a few icons (shapes or dies) on it too which I cover in just a minute.




Jubilee includes one font...sort of. There are two creative features (see picture below) that manipulate it a tiny bit making it appear as if there are 3 fonts on the cartridge. Runt is the font shortened and fattened a bit. Stilts is the same font stretched to make it taller and skinnier.

If you have Design Studio you could do this manipulation yourself however there are some out there that don't use Design Studio so I'm thinking these two features are for you guys.




There are several pre-made and welded titles on the cartridge that will also benefit those of you without Design Studio; titles such as LOVE (Heart) YOU, HOORAY, THE BIG DAY, You Rock, Enjoy and Merry Christmas. Jubilee also contains several tags. I love tags, so that's a plus for me.

Jubilee has a few icons (shapes or dies). You can cut a flag out with each letter of the alphabet on it...I'm not sure why you'd want to, but that's just me. I'm sure some probably love this feature, and I can see it being used once or twice, but not so much after that. Other icons include a tree, mail box, holly leaves, martini glass complete with olive (do people still drink those?), a couple of starburst, a heart, a flower and last, a complete village.

So what's my opinion of this cartridge? I like the font, but, because I have and use Design Studio, and could manipulate the font to look like the Runt and Stilt features myself, I feel a little disappointed on this one. In my eyes the cartridge should have been classified as a Solutions cartridge which would have given it a smaller price tag. And that would have made us all happier with it.

Juibilee Cartridge from Provo Craft  available at Hallmark Scrapbooking

We are giving 2 gypsy away  more info here

What do YOU think?
 Do you have this cartridge, if yes let us know what you think of it?


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day,
linda-sig
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sammye Jo said...

I;m a fan of this cart. I like that I can use it in a bind to get a lot more lettering in a smaller spot!