Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Creating treasure with recycling in less than 10 mtes!



Hi Everyone,

Happy Hump Day! as a collector of all things pretty, I've found myself keeping all the pretty packages of products I purchased for use on a later project.

I purchased this stamp set a while ago it's Kelli Panacci timeless and knew the package was too pretty to throw into the recycle bin. Instead I keep a collection just for such occasion..
My favorite to collect is Prima, Eksuccess, they are always so ornate with fun colours.

I created this treasure card using the packaging and Mypinkstamper sentiments, they are just pure fun..

Treasure card





Instructions
  1. Stamp all over the base card. Trim package to fit card base, ink the edges, then adhere together.
  2. Trim clock from package, ink edges, stamp butterfly, adhere with pop dot glue.
  3. Cut pattern paper to fit bottom of card base.
  4. Stamp sentiment on a strip of paper, ink the edges, add rhinestone, adhere with pop dot glue.

Supplies

Stamps :: Mypinkstamper (Family & Friends), Inkadinkado
Ink :: Colorbok Fluid chalk
Cardstock:: Paper source, Pattern paper Basic Grey
Embellishment:: Deja Vu


Have a great day,
Maggie

PS Don't forget to enter the giveaway of Mypinkstamper DVD Here

and a $10.00 GC to William Sonoma Here

More giveaway to enter for 3 Cricut Cartridges (2 Home Decor) ( 1 Once Upon a Princess)Here
Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maggie,

Another beautiful card!!! I hear you...I not only spend more time collecting supplies (than creating), but I find myself saving EVERYthing (with the intention of altering or recycling on one of my projects).

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

littlen said...

Very nice card. I find myself always trying to use scraps when making cards. Just a little challenge to myself.

Edna Marie said...

SO very Pretty, love the design, thank you for playing along with My Pink Stamper

Creative Hugs
Pinke (Edna)

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card.
I too save packaging because it is pretty.

Kim. said...

Another beautiful card, love how you used the packaging.
Kim xXx

Robyn said...

Great job Maggie! I LOVE this card!!

Hugs,
Robyn

Cristi said...

Your card is beautiful, Love every detail! Thank you for playing along on My Pink Stamper.
Hugs
Cristi

pcrusberg said...

I love this card! Recycling is so rewarding and good for the earth too! Thanks!

sucor said...

Beautiful! I look at packaging and scraps and use everything I can.

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

Sue Althouse said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. All your cards are just lovely. I became a follower, both here and on the Cuttlebug Challenge. Love my Cuttlebug, excited to find the challenge blog!

Turnedgypsy said...

so elegant maggie

just jayma said...

Love this card, fantastic!

spunkygirl61@hotmail.com

Melissa said...

I'm a supply collector too Maggie! Your cards are always so beautiful!

Turnedgypsy said...

what a beautiful project Maggie

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com