Monday, September 27, 2010

The not so secret adventure in the kitchen this week!


Hi Everyone,

This weekend was a worldwind of movies and
 Scrapbooking 2 of my fav activities outside of reading..
I attended the Collins Group Convention in Orlando and did the make and take for Cosmo Cricket and the cards were just so cute, reconnect with Claudine Helmuth she use to live here in Orlando before moving to DC..  Spent sometimes with my pal Jackie and chit chatting with the store owners, it was very refreshing to see the amount of husband that was there to support their wives in their business..

After all that yummy goodness I had no energy to cook, but it so happen in the freezer I always have frozen dough in case of an emergency.. they always come in handy for Pizza.

I made Margherita Pizza with loads of mozarella, feta cheese and vine ripe tomatoes..
It wasn't until we were almost done eating I remember to take pics..below..



Margherita Pizza with a twist of Feta cheese:
 
1.Roll out the dough, spread land o lake unsalted butter, very sparingly, then put in the oven for 5 mtes at 300 degrees, remove from the oven.
2.Add mozzarella cheese on the warm dough, layer of Italian seasoning  (basil, oregano, thyme).
3.Add layer of tomatoes, feta cheese, another layer of mozarella, a bit of black pepper, red pepper flakes, bake at 375 for 10mtes until cheese is melted..

The dessert below, after watching Julie & Julia the movie, I was inspired to conquer making the pear cake for my sister's bday. Conquer it I did, after baking DH said if he didn't see me baked it, he would have thought I purchased it, which is high praise indeed...


Here is the recipe on Martha Stewart, I added almond to it. Pear Cake
What is your adventure this week?

Here is the weekly menu:
Lots of crockpot use, I gotta clean my studio this week..

Monday:

Spiced Pot Roast

 Tuesday:

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

 Wednesday:

  Spiced Pot Roast  (left over night)

Thursday:

Campbell's Kitchen Sweet and Sour Chicken

Friday:

Wild Rice left over

 

 Q&A

some of you ask where to find coupons online.

I check here all the time then mfg website..

Coupons.com

 Money Saving deals :)

Free items at Walmart.. to get these items for free, you need to use a coupon, there are coupons insert, or you can print them by signing on at the mfg site.

Remember use an email address just for coupons other wise you will be flooded..

Post-It Super Sticky Notes – $1, free after printable coupons here

Shout Travel Wipes – $0.97  free, use coupon from Sunday's paper insert from August 8th.

Deals at Walgreen, worth a trip..

L’Oral Revitalift Products, $5.99
Use $1/1 Coupon from the September Coupon Book from Walgreen
Use $3/1 Printable Coupon
$1.99 ea. after coupons!

 Buy Crest Toothpaste, $1.99

Use $1/1 or $0.75/1 Coupon from 8/29 PG insert
Get a $1 Register Reward
FREE – $0.24 after Register Rewards!
The Box should contain a $0.75/1 Crest Toothpaste Coupon and a $1/1 Oral B Toothbrush Coupon
Buy an Oral B Toothbrush, $1.99
Use $1/1 Oral B Coupon from Inside Crest Box from the First Transaction
Get a $1 Register Reward
FREE after  Register Rewards!

Carmex Lip Shine on sale for $2.99 this month and there is a monthly Register Reward for $2 when you buy 1. Print this coupon for $1 off the purchase of 1 Carmex Lip Shine and get this for Free after Register Rewards at Walgreens this month.

More giveaways for you to enter right here on this blog..

Giveaway of Mypinkstamper DVD Here

$10.00 GC to William Sonoma Here

More giveaway to enter for 3 Cricut Cartridges (2 Home Decor) ( 1 Once Upon a Princess)Here

 Have a great week!

Maggie

PS don't forget to sign up to be a follower and let me know what your adventures are in comments below?

Also tune in tomorrow for movie reviews of Date Night and The American..


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

RAP said...

Thanks for the links to the coupons. I love Margarita pizza. It's one of my absolute favs but hard to find.

littlen said...

I can't say I'm the adventurous type, but thanks for the copon links.

Court said...

Can I come over for dinner? That looks YUMMY! Thanks for the ideas!

Tracy said...

I have never had a pear cake before, this looks delish.

Kim. said...

Dinner looks and sounds yummy, I only wish we had all those coupons in the UK.
Kim xXx

Jennifer said...

Your menu sounds like mine, Maggie!!!;) We only eat two or three things during the weekdays (we aren't afraid of leftovers at my house, either).

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Turnedgypsy said...

yummy that pizza made me hungry.

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

just jayma said...

That cake looks so YUMMY!! I LOVE your coupon hints/tips, too, keep them coming! Thanks for everything!

Mariah Jackson said...

Appreciate you bloggging this