Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quench your thirst with this exquisite recipe!





Hi Everyone,
Lately I've had a hankering for something other than water, since I don't drink soda, I've come up with something close but yet, won't send you into a coma from a sugar overdose...
Now I must confess I have a little luxury most of you don't. Unless you are living in a warm climate like me :)
I have 2 grapefruits and oranges  trees in my yard...
creating this drink is easy, but you can always pick up the citrus from the grocers or a fruit stand..

Ready to try this wonderful recipe, that I guarantee will quench your thirst?

Here are your ingredients:




1. Steep 4 the teas in 4c of warm water, for 15 mtes in hot water, not boiling...
2.Remove tea bags, combine the seltzer water and squeeze the grapefruit, stir, add Splenda.
Voila done!


Do you have a drink recipe you live by?

This week Menu

Yahoo was nice enough to create a kewl dinner menu I luv..
The best part is, I have all the ingredients to tweak the menu a bit.
My shopping for the week end up being  $27.89.. Now next week I am going to have to spend more to replenish the pantry. I figured with the upcoming sales it should be no more than $75.00.



What's on your menu this week? How much did you save last week?

Have a great day,
Maggie

PS you must be a blog follower :) don't forget the 3 Cricut cartridges  giveaway here
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Stephie C said...

Oh my gosh all those recipes for that cheap?! I need some savings tips from you...I haven't forgotten about the cricut carts ;)
sunni08 at gmail dot com

Lida said...

Nice recipes and that drink looks yummy!

Tracy said...

That drink looks so refreshing, mind you I would need to add sugar :)

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

This looks yummy my friend loves different teas will have to tell her to come over and look at your recipe. thanks.

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing that yummy drink! I am loving the Simply Lemonade Rasberry lately as I gave up soda recently! Your recipes look yummy! Going to try that chicken!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Looks yummy!

just jayma said...

I am so jealous that you have citrus trees in your back yard!!

littlen said...

Looks like a delish drink.

Marilyn said...

What a fun and interesting blog! Thank you for creating it.
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Yummy!!!! Will have to try it!!!!!
Sounds soooo good!!!! Way better than just water!

KatieJ said...

If I'm not drinking water it's Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi when I'm being good, but that sausage and peppers recipe sounds yum, I've got to try it.

Design It Chic said...

I am following you now thanks to Buzz on By Thursday! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
And don't forget, for more easy HTML tutorials, or help increasing your blog's traffic, you know where to come!
Plus today we talk about other amazing blog tips so make sure you don't miss any of it! Happy Thursday!

Judy B. said...

Yummy blog you have here!

Melissa said...

This sounds sooooooo good!

Turnedgypsy said...

yummy looks refreshing too.

My granddaughter would really love the Princess cartridge. YOu are so sweet to do this. I love getting ideas from your blog.

woohoo

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
grandma chris and caitlin

Melissa said...

I forgot to say how jealous I am of you!!! There are two main reasons I would LOVE to move to Florida.... 1 being closer to WDW and 2 so I can have fruit trees IN MY YARD!!! My grandparents used to own an orange grove in Florida and oh how I miss it....

Kim. said...

This drink sounds so refreshing and I cannot believe you made all those meals for such little money.
Kim xXx

Jennifer said...

Mmmm!!! :) Wish I was eating at your house! I managed to burn a boxed, prepared Mongolian Beef dish from Costco tonight (& I didn't even forget about it by doing something else; I stood there with my timer's going, stirring it on occasion). Now that's embarrassing! :(

Thanks for sharing the recipes for the refreshing drinks...I miss living in San Diego with all the great citrus trees!

stefeni said...

Mmmm, yummy. That would be perfect to have now since my throat is a little sore. Writing it on the grocery list!