I love summer and was not minding the heat until.........the air went out.
So hear I sit hoping that it will cool off enough to sleep!
So I am thinking cool thoughts! I hope this card inspires you to spring into fall!
So let me start by saying this card just got bigger and more layered and it is more than I usually do on a card but I must admit, I love the way this card came out! So I will try to take you through it step by step.
- Cut your base card to 5 X 7 and use just a little double stick tape that you tear (La'Dore) and put it on the bottom edge and add leafing and brush off the excess.
- The next step was to get the leaves ready for the final step. These are the three leaves that overlap the sentiment. I used the translucent paste on the ever faithful non stick craft sheet and let dry. I then placed the stencil back over the leaves and applied glue ink. Then comes the leafing. Finally you peel the dry leaves carefully off the craft sheet and run through your sticker maker and set aside.
- I got these great leaves by Prima and just started layering them on the base card.
- I used the translucent paste on the leaf background, let it dry and used the same process as the leaves in step 2.
- Here is a HUGE secret. I use everything if it is not nailed down. The great paper/card the paste leaf background is layered on....card that some Prima flowers came on! Use a deckle pair of scissors on the edges!
- I stenciled the sentiment on the card stock with chalk (PanPastels) and then used translucent paste over the words.
- I edged the sentiment with some great deep colors of the chalk.
- I started attaching layers. Prima packaging card/leaf background/sentiment/some additional Prima leaves.
- I added a button and now peeled the "sticker" leaves and attached them to the card.
- Now with me it is not done unless it has some glitter so used just a touch of glitter on the last leaves attached
- Of course it is all topped off with a GREAT ribbon from Bo-Bunny.
In order to do this card you need the supplies but mostly patience to let all the embossing paste dry! I just love all the different paste that Dreamweaver has. All stencils used are also Dreamweaver Designs!
Check out my other cards and idea on my blog kristiscreativecafe.blogspot.com
PS Don't forget to enter the giveaway of Mypinkstamper DVD Here
and a $10.00 GC to William Sonoma Here
More giveaway to enter for 3 Cricut Cartridges (2 Home Decor) ( 1 Once Upon a Princess)Here